Blog

Sunday, June 20, 2004

Fucking Posers

There are so many people out there who feel as if they have to change everything they are about just so they can fit in with some people. This annoys the hell out of me. This past weekend was some what amusing because some people that I have known, or at least I thought I knew just crack me up. I guess I missed the memo that said that the dress code for Saturday nights are mini skirts and halters and/or tanks, oh yeah don't forget the curly hair.
We all are individuals and there is no other person in this entire universe that has anything like ourselves, other then the materialistic things that we can buy. Its odd how pissed one can get if one walks into a room and the girl across the room has on the same top. And why does that person get mad, because that "bitch" now looks like you. If you bought the shirt, outfit, what ever the hell it is, you want to stand out, be unique...also known as an individual. Ok so now to my point...
4 girls, 4 similar outfits (just different variations of each) and then 3 with the same hair style.....What are you all trying to prove? That you have style? Well if so, then who's style? Obviously one called the other and was like "what are you wearing tonight" and then they called the other and the same question, and so on till you all have the same question/ answer.
I guess I just don't understand why you don't want to be yourself. Not saying that clothes make the person its just the whole persona that comes with the outfit. You are an individual. Do shit for yourself not so so-n-so will hopefully approve of your outfit or even yourself. I mean who the hell gives whoever you are trying to impress the right to say if you are "cool" or not. People are so fucking caught up in image that they loose sight of the more important things. Mainly the inner being. So many amazing and brilliant people are shunned because some person thinks they have the right to judge them. And I know that I am guilty of doing that, but things have changed and over the pass two years I have come to realize that the only person you have to please is yourself. If you spend all your time worrying about what so-n-so thinks then you are wasting your time and loosing out on life.
I guess society is the person that we are most trying to impress. But who is "society?" Who has set "societies" standards? How do you know if "society" approves of you? And do you really give two shits what society thinks about you? If your answer to the last question was a yes then you really need to stop and re-think what is most important to you. The way people perceive you by your image, or the way people perceive you by your inner person?
I'm not saying that we should all go around looking like slobs, I'm just saying, are you wearing that outfit because you really like and think it rocks, or are you wearing it so the "popular girl" or whoever will maybe talk to you, like you, approve of you?
To the four girls I mentioned earlier, this post IS NOT an attack on you. If anything I said upsets you then I do apologize, but maybe you should really think why it does bother you.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home